Saturday, August 15, 2009

Diana Hull's Whiskey Dick Triathlon Report





So I finished the Whiskey Dick Olympic tri which entailed a mile swim in the Columbia, a 28 mile ride up Old Vantage hwy and a 6 mile run through Ellensburg which took me 4:35 minutes to complete....I even had 25 minutes to spare since there was a 5 hour limit. The swim was great the water was clear and cool with very little current. The bike ride was very tough for the first 12 miles and windy and I was really wondering what I had gotten myself into, then I thought if it wasn't hard they wouldn't give you a medal at the end and that helped me to keep going. I finally figured out what those aero bars on my bike are for. After the first 12 miles it was still windy and some hills, but nothing like the first part. It turned out to be a gorgeous day in Vantage and Ellensburg not cloudy and overcast at all. It was pretty warm on the run, but some people had out sprinklers so that was nice. All in all a good day.

No comments: