Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Josh Adams' Black Diamond Sprint Report

6th overall and 2nd fastest bike split (behind Erin Eronemo – aka EE in the report)

The week leading up to this race was ruff because I was trying to get over a bad cold all week. I didn't really know how my body would react to 3 full days of no training before the race but I felt good by Saturday night and was ready to giver hell.

 

The swim start was greeted by a nice kick in the face by EE. That was enough to get the juices flowing and Finished with the 25th fastest swim split. I did the same thing as EE on T1 and went the wrong way.

 

Felt like poop most of the bike but still posted the #2 bike split so I will take it. I got through T2 in 1:32 and on to the run leg.

 

I passed someone early on the run...this is a first for me this year. I haven't passed anyone on the run on any of my sprint races this year, so I was pumped! It was a 3 step lung buster the whole way for me. I was about 1/4mile from the finish when a guy was moving up on my left. I asked him what loop? He hesitated and then answered "2nd"...I met that answered with a dead sprint for 200yrds, I looked over my shoulder and he was 50 ft back. I have the finish in sight and gave another look over my shoulder and he was right on my ass. I sprint through the line and got him by a body length. That was fun!!! Run was 20:10 and 25th fastest run split.

 

Overall time was 1:07:33 6th overall and 2nd in my age group.

 

25th-Swim

2nd-Bike

25th-Run

 

At least I am consistently average on the swim and the run...My off season will consist of a lot of tech work in the pool and speed work on the track/treadmill. Because I have to get a lot better with the other two disciplines but I cannot say enough about how much this groups mentorship has meant to me and my progress as a  triathlete. I consider this my first real season and I got one more shot at a podium spot in Elma in two weeks...I am due.

 

Cheers

 

jQa

Posted via email from raisethebar's posterous

No comments: