Thursday, January 29, 2009

There's Good Press....then there's the Wine Press

Today, Raise the Bar has an article in the local Covington/Maple Valley Reporter Newspaper. It's a nice article - with a picture of RTB's most prolifically printed pretty face, Rick Osborn.... whom his friends refer to as "Front Page".

Find the article here: http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/cmv/business/38586834.html

While enjoying that little bit of RTB fame today, I got 2 phone calls. One from Kevin at the Seattle Thunderbirds.....wondering if I wanted tickets to the T-bird game on 3/6 for some of my customers. Well, sure!! Kathy's already got the word out on that one. You get a ticket and a free beer for $18. (email Kathy if you want in on that).

Just a few minutes ago, I got another phone call from a gal wondering if I was hiring bartenders. Huh. We have a theme going today with the drinking of the spirits. I don't HAVE any bartenders on my staff right now, I told her. She seemed nice, I was sorry i didn't have any openings. Kathy could probably do it anyway - even though she doesn't drink. She can do everything else.

I asked the unemployed gal where she got my number. Turns out Raise the Bar is now in the yellow page listings under Bars and Pubs. As a Catholic girl, I consider this to be good juju. And any press is good press.

At 5AM this morning before I met 21 committed athletes at the swim workout I coach, I was buying Chardonnay at Safeway for the Raise the Hope meeting at our house tonight. And as that meeting gets rolling, we could have probably used that nice gal. Thank goodness Kathy will be here.

No comments: