Thursday, October 09, 2008

Kona Checking In...Wednesday 10/8

Marty Larson, Nancy's hot husband, submits today's briefing from the shores of Hawaii.....

We had a great day today! Nancy and I swam with dolphins and turtles on the IM swim course.

I got out on the bike for the first time today. Right off, something felt wrong, but I couldn't figure out what. while doing an impressive track stand at a busy intersection I noticed that my handlebars were straight forward but my wheel was about 60 degrees out! I forgot to tighten my stem!!! After fixing that issue, I headed out on the Queen K Hwy ready to give it hell. Well after only 50 yards on the Hwy, I went through some construction and ended up with a rear flat tire! Damn my luck! The rest of the ride went smooth and without further incident. Felt like a pro rolling back in to Kona with some nicely tapered legs.

Had a wonderful dinner with the Larsons and now are retiring to get ready for another day! more later...

- Brian














1 comment:

Teresa Mof said...

This is so great to have live updates! Good luck to both of you, we are all here rooting for you!!!