Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ann Sloan's Race Report From Moses Lake Olympic

Triathlon - Olympic

Total Time = 3h 10m 17s

Overall Rank = 141/161

Age Group = 40-44

Age Group Rank = 10/11

From: www.beginnertriathlete.com

Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5:30 or so. Sun screened up in hopes of SUN.

Ate PBJ then loaded up the car.

Next Stop..STARBUCKS for the pre race Green Tea Latte.

Ate another 1/2 PBJ after everything was set up in transition.

Visited porta only once...not very nervous..just another workout...just one I want to BEAT last years time.

Event warmup:

Got in the water a bit soon...like 15 minutes early. Got a little cold. Wasn't sure if my teeth were chattering due to cold or nerves.

Swim

Comments:

Just felt slow.

What would you do differently?:

nothing really except try and get faster

T1

Comments:

none really...no one to talk to so I didn't dawdle.

What would you do differently?:

Nothing.

Bike

Comments:

Holy COW went from 144 place out of the swim to 106 on the bike. SWEET!! This was where I rocked. The headwind was bad...but I stayed in Areo a ton. Was worried about eating on the way out due to the wind..needed to keep my hands on the handles! Thank goodness I have done many rides in the wind...don't like it and feel like i was struggling...but kept hoping coming home wouldn't be that bad....and as soon as we turned...QUIET! WHOO HOO>>>>I am off to the races. Pick that speed up. Did not let the speed go below 17 all the way home. Ate one GU and some cliff bar.

Lap Time Avg hr Dist Avg Speed

1 45:54.9 154 11.169 14.6

2 28:33.6 145 11.136 23.4

What would you do differently?:

Nothing...felt really good.

T2

Comments:

Talked a bit here...but nothing too bad. A guy in my rack was already done so we were talking a bit.

What would you do differently?:

Nothing.

Run

Comments:

Walked the first 4 minutes...I know plan called for 5 minutes, but couldn't resit. Was running after 4 and felt good....so kept running. I'll say it's because I didn't have my interval going on my watch so I couldn't keep track of when to walk...yea right. Ok, so got to the first Aid station and walked and drank....then ran again...and kept running. Got sucked into looking at the times and yea, kept running. Thinking all the time...probably shouldn't be running w/o walking...might mess up Victoria....but still I ran. I think I walked couple of times through the first 4 miles..but then on the way back...no walking for this chick. the last .8 miles I cranked it up to a 10:30 pace...

first time at the end of a race I was spent....I worked hard and felt pretty good. Ankle was making a bit of a stink but nothing too bad.

What would you do differently?:

nothing really except maybe follow my plan.... :)

No comments: