Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tim Smit's is #179 for IM Switzerland









Tim Smit is busy preparing for IM Switzerland and has this update for us on his number and inspiration.


22 April 2008

War on ALS and IM Switzerland!

I was checking out my tri-bike transportation options for IM Switzerland and noticed the Bib # selection option for the race. Immediately, I checked out the availability of bib # 179 (Jon Blais’ IM number). It was available (key word – WAS) until it was reserved – by me!

The moment I received confirmation that I had bib # 179, I contacted Blazeman Dad, Bob Blais, to let him know that I will be with Jon all day during IM Switzerland.

No more then did I send that note to him and my phone rang (area code (508)). I knew exactly who it was (as I am typing this, I am getting my goose bumps on top of other goose bumps).

I answer and the voice calls out, “Ranger’s definitely lead the way!” We talked for about ½ hr about the race and ALS updates and life.

Bob informed me that any Blazeman Warrior that is given bib # 179 for any IM race earns the honor to carry the original Blazeman Battle Flag during the race!

The race is 81 days, 23 hrs and 36 minutes away and I am so excited to get there (like the lil’ boy in the Disneyland commercial – I am too excited!!

http://www.active.com/donate/teamblazeman/TSmit

I can not wait to represent the War on ALS and RTB in Switzerland!

No comments: