Thursday, April 01, 2010

Rainman Triathlon- Report from Ron Stadick

Some good racing going on over the last couple weeks. I decided to do my 1st Tri of the year down @ Greenlake the "Rainman" indoor triathlon.
TriFreak has new owners and the event has a new format this year.
15 min. pool swim to see how many laps you can do, 30 min. your bike on a trainer to see how far you can go, run once around Greenlake. Your transitions are part of your bike time and your run time. They take your bike and backpack& set up your bike& transition area while you're swimming. I've done indoor tri's before but, this was all new to me- learn as you go. I did 21 laps in the pool, when I was leaving they told me I had gone farther on the bike than anyone else so far, without too many more waves to go. In the late waves a couple guys came in and beat me. A local Pro "Chris Tremonte" came in and SMOKED the course& took 1st place.
www.christremonte.com Chris seems like a very cool guy, married has kids, works at micrsoft very fast, and has 2012 Olympic aspirations.
Chris for some reason withdrew from the results and I ended up being the 2ND place Male& won a $50.00 gift certificate to Jock n' Jill sporting goods.
http://trifreaks.com/SRMResults2010.aspx.

Posted via email from raisethebar's posterous

No comments: