Sunday, December 28, 2008

Polar Bears, Coffee, and Haiku


I've recently realized that unless something goes up on the RTB blog once in awhile, the world will completely lose interest.

So, world, we're back. Gee, your excitement is palpable.

On the subject of palpations... how about SOMEONE is this crazy triathlon team finally MAN UP and participate in a New Year's tradition completely ignored by Raise the Bar - the Lake Sawyer Polar Bear Plunge???!!

Seriously - this event is in our back yard, RTBers... I can see it now.. Team members kitted up in your tri gear (no wetsuits, you weanies) holding hands, singing a round of Kumbaya, and jumping with reckless abandon into the tepid waters of our own Lake Sawyer. Gosh...a stunning image, isn't it?

Good thing it hasn't been a particularly cold winter yet, or this activity could be uncomfortable.

So I'm throwing out a challenge. If 5 RTBers MAN (or WOMAN) UP, then Bill & I will jump too. (He doesn't know this yet, but I'm sure he'll be a good sport about it) And to sweeten the pot, Bill will spring for a cup of coffee for you.

Those of you who are who are saying to yourselves, "Aw Shucks,Patty, I would LOVE to, but I'm running in the Steilacoom Resolution Run that day" can just push that excuse by the wayside. Resolution Run is at 9AM, Polar Bear Plunge is at noon. I'm doing both.

To sign off, I've composed this inspirational Haiku

Jump in cold water
To celebrate the New Year
Bill buys us coffee

See you there. You may leave a comment here as an RSVP

No comments: